The habit of putting things off runs deep in a lot of us. But the good news is that sometimes a few hints are all it takes to get us moving on something important.
Here's an example - what should a homeowner look for in deciding it's time to replace the windows? Here's a list of telltale signs.
- You see moisture fogging up the glass between panes.
- Panes are loose in the frame.
- You're feeling drafts around the windows.
- On really cold or windy days, the cold seems to be penetrating right through the glass.
- The sashes show signs of rot.
- Weatherstripping is torn, damaged or missing altogether.
- The window is hard to open or close.
Very often, windows that need replacement will show more than one of these problems. That's when it's time to call in a reputable replacement window company for a look.
Replacement windows are designed and built to knock out the kinds of problems we've listed here. They usually incorporate multiple panes, often with protective coatings and super-insulating gas between those panes. Their frames have built-in baffles to help retard air infiltration. The windows function the way they were built to for many, many years. And they're made to greatly limit the maintenance that's an unavoidable part of trying to keep old wood-framed windows in decent shape.
If you're seeing those warning signs, it's time to stop procrastinating. ABE Doors and Windows will be glad to inspect any windows and suggest appropriate improvements. Call us today at (610) 398-2430 for a no-charge consultation.