Window Replacement offers a way to reduce heating costs while improving energy efficiency that is actually fun ... by allowing consumers to re-make their homes while saving on long-term monthly costs. A.B.E. Doors & Windows provides numerous Window Replacement options and our friendly staff would love to discuss any specific questions you may have. In the interim, we've gathered a few “fun facts” and “window trivia” to help you imagine your new, energy-efficient, home:
- Windows have been compared to the "eyes of a house." When shopping for replacement windows, keep in mind how the aesthetic design and materials will fit in with the rest of your house. The window frame materials are not only important for beautification, but for weatherification. The three main window types, aluminum, vinyl, and wood, all possess various qualities in terms of energy efficiency.
- According to the U.S. Department of Energy, energy inefficient windows account to more than 25% of heating costs, a percentage that be reduced by up to 15% by exploring double-pane windows, heat-resistant coatings, and other A.B.E. Doors & Windows products.
- In addition the material of the replacement window, also consider glazings, paning options, and accessories such as awnings that will affect the look and energy efficiency of your house.
- Would you believe that Low Emissivity glass decreases energy costs and blocks UV rays while still allowing up to 95% of natural light to pass through?!
- Window coatings reduce glare and energy costs by blocking UV rays that dulls the appearance of floors and fabrics.
- According to Andersen Windows Inc., window space takes up approximately 15% of wall space.
- Energy Star is non-commercial, government-operated resource that provides comprehensive information regarding energy efficiency technologies. For years, A.B.E. Doors & Windows products have been to proud to continuously be heralded with the highest Energy Star Ratings possible.
We hope some of these tips have been helpful. You can get some inspirational ideas by visiting the Windows section of our Houzz page. For more information on what A.B.E. Doors & Windows can do for you, please visit our Replacement Windows page on our website and contact us when you’re ready to get started with your remodeling project!